This isn’t your regular job! Are you an open minded and energetic person?
Can you work under pressure whilst retaining a calm and relaxed exterior and maintain your sense of humour? Can you see beyond the history of the person and remain determined to help people build really good person-centred lives? Do you enjoy doing fun things such as bike riding, walking, music, films, playing football, badminton and fun days out? If this is up your street we need you!
We are an innovative community project working with people with a learning disability and mental health issues who have additional needs. If you can commit to promoting the needs of others we can commit to helping you develop a rewarding career. Due to ongoing expansion, our positive and supportive management team and the people we work with are looking for:
FULL TIME and PART TIME SUPPORT WORKERS
Across the Northwest of England (Preston, Leyland, East Lancashire and Manchester)
- Salary £17,187-£17,438 per annum (depending on qualifications).
- PLUS additional sleepovers paid at £46 per night
- £500 welcome bonus payable after 3 months in post in selective locations between 01/01/2022 and 31/03/2022*
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and additional needs OR experience in mental health or youth work is desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility to work evenings and alternate weekends is essential.
Ideally, candidates should have NVQ/QCF 2 in Health & Social Care, but relevant experience will be considered if no qualification is held.
Applicants must have a strong value base, with an ability to respect the clients’ wishes and views and enable them to enjoy a full and enriched life of their choosing, confident of high quality, safe services, promoting independence, well-being and dignity.
To arrange an informal discussion or find out more about how great it is to work with us email Steph Nowell at Steph.N@NewFocusPreston.org OR call (01772) 333800, ask for recruitment or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a job pack. You can also check us out at www.integratepreston.org.uk
Closing Date: TBC
* The £500 welcome bonus is payable for new recruits commencing work in selected locations between 1/1/22 and 31/3/22. ‘Bonus funded by DHSC Workforce Capacity Fund’ which is location and time specific.
You can download this advert here